Friday, July 29, 2011

Prosthetic Limbs, Mowing the Lawn, and Monster Munch

Photo by Bunny Ultramod
Because I live life on the wild side, I thought I had better start planning for my future by picking out a prosthetic limb. I'm betting I'll lose an arm some day -- you know, drinking mishap -- so started working on a prototype. Still have some work to do on that grip. You know, to hold a martini.

Coco and Paul Martin. Photo by Bunny Ultramod
Got a behind-the-scenes tour of the Science Museum's massive exhibit shop from Paul Martin, the Museum's Senior Vice President of Science and Learning. I tried out some prototype exhibits and also got to explore the vault a little. Couldn't bring my camera in though.

Saw some priceless artifacts -- it was nothing short of a room full of shelf upon shelf of treasures. Quite exciting. While I was there I found out some of the heirloom seeds they have are currently up on the International Space Station for an experiment. As you know, I love space, so this news thrilled me.

Saw some actual dinosaur bones up close and personal, as well as an ancient Mandan bull boat, spears, Chippewa Indian bead-work, and ancient Mexican ceramic sculptures. It was a good day in the Science Museum's vault, for sure.


Oh, I got a look inside my head.

Photo by Bunny Ultramod


And played with some nano particles.


Bunny and I headed over to The Walker yet again for their Open Field activities. Sat on the lawn while they did a lawn mowing demonstration (told you I live on the wild side) and hung out a bit with a couple of the artists-in-residence, Samuel Bing and Sinosa Loa of the band Fol Chen. They were creating customized, one-of-a-kind songs for people with their Verbal Algorithm Composer-Free Song Generator.

Also listened to a sheep sniff around in the grass a bit.



Like the rest of the world, I am a bit fascinated with one Mr. Karl Pilkington. He mentions a snack he likes, Monster Munch, fairly frequently so I decided I wanted to try them, too. I got pickled onion flavor, which is pretty good. I like how tangy they are -- kind of like dill pickle chips (and I LOVE Old Dutch brand dill pickle chips). I want to try more flavors of these. They are tasty! I was expecting potato chips, but they are actually baked corn and kind of puffy. The packaging is fun to read, too: "Suitable for monsters and vegetarians."


Have a fine and dandy weekend, Chester!

No comments:

Post a Comment