Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dr. John, Chickens, and Eating Fun Food at the Minnesota State Fair

Let's start with a guessing game, shall we? What in the world do you think this is?
Another Minnesota State Fair has come and gone. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of attending the Great Minnesota Get-Together, it's a junk-food feeding frenzy. It's people-watching mania. There are live animals -- my favorite -- and there are fried ones (I do enjoy a good corn dog from time to time). There are block-long lines to try such food craziness as deep-fried cookie dough, sweet-corn flavored ice cream, honey-flavored ice cream, and deep-fried candy bars. I tried some of it -- the corn ice cream was good. And I tried ostrich, which tasted like a sweeter kind of hamburger. This year though, my favorite thing at the fair was visiting the goats and chickens. That photo up there by the way, is the belly of a tiny little goat.
Fell in love with this lady and wanted to take her home with me.

Ostrich, Fireworks, Sweet Corn Ice Cream!

I saw Dr. John perform at the Leinie Lodge.
I loved hearing some of his spookier New Orleans music live, like Walk On Gilded Splinters. It was the music Max and I were listening to as we drove into Louisiana, and New Orleans, in the middle of the night back in 2004.

Here's a slideshow of those chickens I mentioned:


And a video of a couple of them making noise:



Cockadoodledoo, Chester!

No comments:

Post a Comment