Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Richard Branson, Joe Allen, and a Times Square Jumbo Tron

Our first stop on this trip was in Queens, where our favorite deli is located. We got there in time to see the longest sandwich I've ever seen -- it was 5 feet long.

Then this happened:
My mom met Richard Branson, creator of the Virgin empire. He was in a little bit of a hurry to make his segment on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, but was nice enough to stop for a quick photo. Wish I had time to tell him I would be happy to be one of the first bloggers to be sent into space via his Galactic project.

Afterward, mom and I went to Joe Allen. It's our favorite place to drink Sidecars -- they make them with lemon juice, but are always happy to accommodate my request for lime juice instead.

And then, while walking through Times Square, we noticed we were on one of the jumbo trons.

Those waving, blurry figures are us.

So we waved to the masses before heading to Greenwich Village, where I stumbled upon Sockerbit, a brand new candy store that features sweets from Sweden. My sweet tooth got the best of me here, so I ended up getting a selection of goodies to bring back to the hotel.


Have a sweet day, Chester!

No comments:

Post a Comment